Danielle

The Girl of Fire and Thorns
Rae Carson
Prep School Confidential
Kara Taylor
When the World Was Flat (and we were in love)
Ingrid Jonach
Never Too Far
Abbi Glines
The Assassin and the Underworld (Throne of Glass, #0.3)
Sarah J. Maas
Pushing the Limits
A Little Too Far
Lisa Desrochers

What Really Happened in Peru (The Bane Chronicles, #1)

What Really Happened in Peru - Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan If I had to sum up WRHIP in one word? That word would be…meh.Is that even a word? Someone consult the OED! For this review, it is a word. There’s been some grumblings about the over saturation of Shadowhunters and their kin as we gear up for the TMI movie, say goodbye to TID and prepare for the new series after the new series after the current one finishes…phew. It’s difficult to keep track. Despite that I was super excited to hear that one of my favourite characters was getting his chance to shine! The mystical Magnus Bane, warlock, honey to Alex and all round bad ass. This first offering “What Really Happened in Peru” was a let-down.To be brutally honest, it read like fanfiction…Now I adore fanfiction, I’ve written it myself but I don’t want to fricking pay for it!!! I didn’t pay for that Twilight shit people read on buses fawning over some 28 year old jaded dominant, (seriously,how many 28 year old BOYS do you know like Christian bloody Grey??). It was very clear where CC was writing and where she was not. Sarah Rees Brennan is a great writer, I love her style but it was a lesson in why only the actual author of the characters and stories should write the stories and publish them and everyone else head over to FF.net or Wattpad. And yeah I totally get the irony of calling CC the “actual author” but there’s plenty of snarky blog posts about her past without me adding to it. I love CC’s world of Shadowhunters and if she had written the Bane Chronicles this would most likely be a glowing review. However the sparkle just was.not.there! Magnus with his flair, glint in the eye, mischievous side with that whisper of vulnerability shadowing him was missing. The stories were *shrug* whatever and simply missed the mark and didn’t contain the humour and fun we’ve come to expect from CC. I may purchase the omnibus when it comes out to see if there’s more of a cohesiveness to the collection but for now, I think I’ll save my $3 and buy a coffee!Oh and SPOILER ALERT! LOOK AWAY NOW IF YOU DON’T WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED IN PERU!!!**********SWEET FUCK ALL! Wow thanks for that!Rating: ★★