Danielle

The Girl of Fire and Thorns
Rae Carson
Prep School Confidential
Kara Taylor
When the World Was Flat (and we were in love)
Ingrid Jonach
Never Too Far
Abbi Glines
The Assassin and the Underworld (Throne of Glass, #0.3)
Sarah J. Maas
Pushing the Limits
A Little Too Far
Lisa Desrochers
Sinfully Summer - Aimee Duffy Sinfully Summer is one of those books that should come with a sun lounger, a cocktail and a hot pool boy to drool over behind your kindle. Unfortunately all I got was grey, Irish skies but luckily Aimee Duffy managed to whisk me away in my head to sunny Marbella and immerse me in all the hot summer goodness that I could almost smell the tanning lotion. Alexa Green is the typical London party girl. Think Made in Chelsea, The Hills, she's no stranger to the tabloids. Fed up with the bad press she's trying desperately to turn the tide of opinions in her favour. No longer willing to be beholden to her father and his millions and trying to build up a successful business she wants nothing more than a girly holiday with her friends with a bit of saucy fun but nothing too scandalous. When her friends dare her to run around their hotel floor in her underwear she agrees. A run in with some hotel guests requires a quick getaway and Alexa finds herself in the elevator barrelling up to the Penthouse with no escape...Enter Ric, hotel owner, Spanish playboy turned business man, he's one hot hunk and exactly what Alexa desires. He's also a bit...unpleasant to put it politely at first and recognising Alexa as the party girl with plenty of contacts coerces her into helping him plan a charity ball later that month. As Ric and Alexa create more fireworks than Guy Fawkes night the two slowly get to know each other albeit with plenty of bumps in the road but the sexual tension sizzles more than a summer barbecue and the couple give in to their red hot desires. I really liked Alexa, despite her reputation she came across as sweet, thoughtful and sassy. She didn't take any crap from Ric and always stood up for herself. Ric...I wasn't such a fan of. I thought he could be extremely rude to Alexa and while he may have a typical fiery Spanish temper at times it didn't excuse his behaviour I wanted Alexa to give him a swift kick to the goolies. Ric had his reasons for distrusting Alexa because of his past but at times I wished he would have tried honesty rather than insults.Overall I thought Sinfully Summer was a sweet, engaging, summer read, full of tension, romance and plenty of drama. A perfect way to steal a couple of hours away from real life...now if only we could have the weather to match!