Danielle

The Girl of Fire and Thorns
Rae Carson
Prep School Confidential
Kara Taylor
When the World Was Flat (and we were in love)
Ingrid Jonach
Never Too Far
Abbi Glines
The Assassin and the Underworld (Throne of Glass, #0.3)
Sarah J. Maas
Pushing the Limits
A Little Too Far
Lisa Desrochers

Runes

Runes  - Ednah Walters Runes was a quick, fun, easy read. I found the use of Norse mythology really interesting and unique. I hadn’t come across it in a YA book before and it was fun to see how it was weaved into the storyline. I did find it difficult to get into the story, until the Norse theme was revealed I was a bit confused as to what was going on. Once the storyline became clear I really enjoyed how things unfolded.My favourite character was Cora, she seemed the most real and down to earth person in the book and had a great snarky attitude that I loved. The main character of Raine interested me at first but as the story went along she did irritate me as she went from being a normal teen who was pretty unremarkable to suddenly always being desired and described as ethereally beautiful and otherwordly.There is a love triangle which I didn’t really enjoy due to Raine’s indecision and lack of respect for her boyfriend’s feeling but I enjoyed her relationships with both boys on their own.There is a lot of mystery to figure out and I enjoyed how the book unfolded however I didn’t understand how Raine’s father could disappear in a major plane crash and nobody in town would know about it.The book ends on a cliff hanger which will make readers be squealing to get their hands on the next book to see what happens next. I’d recommend this book to readers who enjoy paranormal romance.