Danielle

The Girl of Fire and Thorns
Rae Carson
Prep School Confidential
Kara Taylor
When the World Was Flat (and we were in love)
Ingrid Jonach
Never Too Far
Abbi Glines
The Assassin and the Underworld (Throne of Glass, #0.3)
Sarah J. Maas
Pushing the Limits
A Little Too Far
Lisa Desrochers
Romancing the R.A. (Campus Crush, #1) - Ashelyn Drake Romancing the RA was a cute read but reaffirmed my opinion that novellas should strictly be companions to longer novels. There is just not enough pages to truly develop the characters and in a romance story like this one it leads pretty much to the dreaded and hated insta-love. Noelle and Julie are checking out college campuses for the weekend when Noelle meets and hits it off with Andy one of the Resident Advisers. Over the course of a weekend the two flirt, fall for each other and into bed and by the end are pretty much star crossed lovers. Forgive me while I eyeroll. There's nothing majorly wrong with the story but the fact that it is so short means their attraction spans too short a period to be realistic and their declarations for each other left me feeling flat. Noelle was a bit of a wishy-washy character and it irked me at one point when she was willing to abandon her friend and let her go to a party alone because Andy wasn't going to be there. There was also an incidence of slut shaming which to be honest I usually don't get up in arms about but here it really annoyed me. Noelle has a run-in with an ex of Andy's who he says he could never get into a relationship with because she sleeps around with guys she's just met. He then sleeps with Noelle who he JUST met but it's brushed off as okay because they have a "connection" and want something more...after 12 hours. Like if people want to sleep with each other after they've just met that's OKAY but be real about it and don't justify your actions by tearing down somebody else who's doing the same thing as you but not painting rainbows over their behaviour. Overall - Romancing the RA was fluffy and sweet at times but ultimately left a sour taste.